Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tidbits

In no particular order:

Kindergarten graduate...
I can't believe I have one of those! Here's a pic :) This is from her pic-nic... I'm in a mom-chat, she's snacking.



Grief:

My high school sweetheart and friend for life (known each other for 15 years) lost his dad... a very dear and wonderful man. Prayers to them.

It's hit me harder than I thought. Grief is a curious animal - it sneaks up on you and holds you under for a while.

Construction:


The new floor goes in tomorrow!!! Our dance floor was installed wrong... so, we get a new one... can't wait to have that issue resolved.

Babysitting:


I watched a 5.5 month old tonight. Absolutely adorable. While I have zero desire for another child at this moment; I definitely saw the benefits for my 6 year old. She put on her "big girl" pants and helped out tremendously. A sibling would be good for her. Did I just type that? (as she shudders)

And finally, the oddity of July 4th:
(something out of the ordinary tends to happen)

1. My mom drinking beer. Southern women of a certain age DO NOT consumer beer. It is considered vile and disgusting. Real women drink whiskey or wine.


2. The famous cross-dressing cheerleader of T.P. We chatted it up at House of Musical Traditions. This is a man with few inhibitions. Awesome.

1 comment:

MusicalTraditions said...

Ah yes, welcome to HMT!! :-)