Thursday, April 21, 2011

Riding the Metro. Or not.

I rarely ride the metro. When I do, it's due to car repairs or lack of public parking at my final destination. I would love to be a regular rider, but it's not realistic with my parenting world right now.

However, this week gave me pause - would I love to be a regular rider? Now, I'm not so sure.

My car was in the shop, so I was on Metro for two days. Two days = 4 trips = $9.30. Plus, the RED LINE ALWAYS HAS TRACK DELAYS. Seriously. Last night, I waited 30 minutes for a train. There was a break-down on the tracks between Ft. Totten & Brookland/CUA.

Even if I wasn't 8 months pregnant and dead-tired from a long day of work, I would have been upset. It just doesn't make economic sense for our public transportation to be more expensive than driving AND less reliable.

Is this the best we can do in the DMV? Really?! Grrs.



No comments: