Friday, September 28, 2007

FREE Performance 6pm TODAY!


I'm this tired! I took this pic of Shallom (one of the fab dancers in this piece) and my kid... we were all delirious - as usual!

Objects of Hope: America - First Draft
Part of the DC Improvisation Festival
Friday, Sept 28th 6 pm
Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library
901 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20001
http://www.improvfestival.com/performance_schedule.html
FREE!!

We've been dancing our butts off this week to prepare. I'm thrilled to have the space, location, and support that allowed this piece to come to fruition. This is the first time I've made a blatant political statement through dance. I'm a bit nervous about public response, but also relieved and content to have made the work. Of course, the work is never really finished.... I just made play-dough (at 2 a.m.) as part of the audience participation aspect. And I have one piece of music to edit, but you know... that's how we do.

No comments: