Sunday, December 21, 2008

Thoughts on happiness


So, I had an unexpected text convo with a very old friend from my days in the lone star state. According to VOF, "You of all people deserve happiness." I think deserve is a strong word in almost any scenario. Regardless, I am down for joy. My answer:
Happiness is usually a fleeting experience. I'm looking for some permanence. I usually find it in a dance or poem. Rarely in people.
Where do you find happiness?

In terms of people... I have some fabulous ones in my life right now. Between my beautiful child, marvelous members of my family, the excellent a.k., dear friends, and the expanding Contradiction Dance peeps; I am a fortunate soul.

I suppose the quote and the statement are a bit of a contradiction themselves. It's all about timing, huh? A bit like dance.

Speaking of happy... the adopted kitty is nesting quite well. She is cuddly and wonderful!

No comments: