Monday, May 17, 2010

Getting Social at "Social"

We saved this lil turtle the other day... it was having trouble crossing the road and cars were wizzing by. I'm feeling a bit like a turtle stuck in the middle of the road these days, so in an effort to recognize where I am as a means of getting somewhere else.... enjoy the pic :)

Saturday night I went on a date. I know, right? It was AWESOME. First, A.K. and I may live together and see each other every day, BUT... we still very much need to date - each other :) Second, my daughter was with the GrandGoddess, so we hit the town for a much-needed date.
We went to a cool spot on 14th st: Social. I highly recommend it! We spoke to one of the owners, Scott about a fundraiser for Contradiction Dance in the summer. It's a great date spot as well as a comfortable, chic place to meet & gather with peeps.




We headed to Urbana for drinks. The drinks were excellent, the service was OKAY. The ambiance was cool. I'd definitely go back, but I wasn't blown over by the experience.

And finally, thinking we were meeting up w/ a friend of a.k.'s, we headed to a place I normally would avoid: Hard Rock Cafe. On any given evening, I would think, "Hell no. Tourist trap." However, DC10 rented it out and threw themselves one hell of a Grey Goose sponsored party. It was the best party-crashing experience I've had in a long time. No tables, just open dance floor with a great DJ. And the people-watching... stellar!


And, the best part of all... I was with a great companion, lover, friend.


Zero complaints.




No comments: