Sunday, October 21, 2007

burned out...

Feeling a bit burned out w/ it all. Dance is fabulous... many new opportunities on the horizon and the current work it coming together nicely. It's the rest of life that has me breathless, tired, and wishing for... something else.

I am exhausted by people demanding more of me than I can give, expecting me to create time where it doesn't exist, or simply wanting me to be someone I am not.

Most notably, my mother is living with me for a short while. It is terrible. We are very different people with very different desires, lifestyles, and needs. I might lose my mind before I find a solution to this paradox. On the one hand, she is a built-in baby-sitter; on the other, she is killing my peace & happiness.

I normally keep my home in a basically spotless, but lived in sort of way. She does not. I am accustomed to my friends feeling welcome to come, eat, stay, play and be. She treats them poorly and is rude.

I am venting here and sick of the situation.



What to do?

1 comment:

shallomj said...

http://allthesmallthings.wordpress.com/2007/10/24/once-were-strangers/

I am so happy that we are working together :)