Sunday, October 28, 2007

Poetry on a bar-nap, second installment...


Oct 25, 2007
Jazzy, Shloms, & k.k. at a Sushi place that failed to meet our expectations. We decided to write about lust and longing. Below is the result of our efforts... Enjoy!

From Jazzy (Jasmine Artis):

What good is lusting without wanting?
What good is wanting without having?
I don't want to guess,
I want to know.
Is it me, or is it she?
Towards whom you are leaning?
Either way, my perspective is shifting
and if you ain't puttin' in the work,
I ain't entertainin'.

From Shloms (Shallom Johnson):

Lust and longing for something more than this.
More than you and I...
So far,
so far away -
Lust, longing for proximity|closeness|touch
Lost in this absence,
each day feels longer, more distant.
Each day away from you -
a thousand hours
more
than
I
can
bear.

k.k. (Kelly Mayfield):

Frustrated.
Impatiently waiting
for you.
The music fades... the tables empty.
My thoughts drift again
to you.
Body aching, spirit worn.
My soul seeks rest
in you.
Lover, where? When? How?
I must
have you.

No comments: