Saturday, March 1, 2008

Poetry on a bar-nap: Caribou Coffee

coffee

Waiting for a.k. one evening before an event.... trapped at a caribou coffee. My thoughts of that moment.

------------
Transmission

Across a table
One look:
Heartbreak
Resignation
even
Joy.
Instantly.

-------------
Caribou

Is this culture
A cheesy copy
of an original idea
Even the music
sounds fake
I feel plastic
just sitting here

-------------------------

Why are some coffee shops sad
and others cozy?

Why does this one make me cringe?

Maybe it's the time
Wasted
Wasted time
Clock's ticking
Much to do
The day to come holds as much
as today
Must plan
prepare
and grasp
the time.
This time
No waiting for opportunity to knock twice
This door's already open
Come on in
Stay awhile
and
linger
This idea is your home
Now, let's make it
stick
Have you ever had a sticky thought?
I have
I'm living it
Out loud

3 comments:

King Mob said...

I have that cup from the MoMA store in ceramic.

k.k. said...

OMG. I want it. :)

King Mob said...

It should be here.