Thursday, February 28, 2008

Reasons why I love ATT


I know... there are a lot of haters out there, but here's my most recent story:

I'm a starving artist. Some times money's aight, but it's never GREAT. Enter the phone bill.

I recently downgraded my monthly plan, as I wasn't using all of my minutes. BIG MISTAKE. Last month I ran over by $144 (in addition to my regular bill). ouch. I called the customer service line to add more minutes and explore my options.... as at this point, I am behind and was facing a $345 bill. Needless to say, not in the budget.

She quickly shifted my data plan to cover ALL types of messaging in one bundle and backdated my change in rate-plans to cover last month's bill. In other words, she effectively erased the $144 in overages and brought my bill down to $125 TOTAL (including late fees). That's customer service.

And, I think I'm gonna upgrade to a new phone. Boris recommends the Centro.

If anyone out there would like to donate an iPhone, I'd would definitely take it. Again, not in the budget... but wow, we want one badly! (sigh)

2 comments:

shallomj said...

I want an iphone too but I've read quite a few reviews that say people should wait a little bit longer until the initial bugs are fixed. However - if you really want one for less than retail prices check craigslist...

k.k. said...

good call... hmmm can it be trusted off craigslist?