Wednesday, March 18, 2009

M A S S I V E A T T A C K - audition

M A S S I V E A T T A C K
Dance for the NOW generation

Contradiction Dance is holding auditions for a new contemporary dance company for the NOW generation. We are seeking thirsty young adults willing to take creative risks exploring the fusion of dance styles.

Talent trumps experience. Bring both.

Wed 3/25
6-7:30pm

ALTERNATIVE DATE:
Sat 3/28
1:30-3

RSVP one of three ways:
Facebook event
eventbrite: http://massiveattack.eventbrite.com/
email: contradictiondance@mac.com


FAQ's

What type of dancer/styles are you looking for?

I'm looking to take the model I created with Contradiction and replicate it with this group. I am looking for a very diverse group of movers who are interested in expanding their core technical skills, build a common movement vocabulary, and augment each other's specialties. Meaning, in my existing company, I have a mix of hip-hop dancers, contemporary ballet and modern dancers, tap, jazz, a composer and a story-teller.

I am interested in training dancers through both class and performance to explore their versatility and expand their options. As a choreographer I make dances that have meaning for both the performers and the audience - our last concert was called, "Objects of Hope: Washington, DC" based on the experiences of my composer and drummer and growing up here in anacostia & adams morgan.

And lastly, to just have fun. We dance because we need to - I'm anxious to work with another group who shares the passion and joy.

TIME:

I'm planning on having rehearsals two days/week max. As this is a ground-up endeavor, starting half-way through the year, I want to build the group as an ensemble through training together and performing as often as possible - but in a way that works in everyone's lives. I picked the Wed/Sat slots as I'm going to offer class for the group both days - choosing to set choreo on the group that can be there each day - meaning we'll end up with two working groups, with some people in both as they are available.

No comments: