Friday, November 16, 2007

Poetry on a bar-nap: Tangents

My students were psyched that I used the word tangent in a sentence today; apparently, they had just learned the word at school. Shallom and I needed food and down-time after rehearsal this eve... did it up at Tryst in our usual poetical fashion.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Topic: Tangent

TANGENTIAL

Sometimes words spin out of control
Especially when the music is so loud
I can't hear you
I smile and nod
And say the first thing that comes to mind
Completely unrelated, but important,
nonetheless.
- Shallom

TANGENTIAL EXISTENCE

A tisket,
A tasket,
A penny for your tangent.
This straight line doesn't fit
my curves.
Does yours?
Loop around my thoughts
and caress my thighs?
Perhaps together we'll adjust the size
of this sloping, slippery
tangential existence.
- k.k.

No comments: