Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Wishes...


My dear friend Arianna is getting hitched tomorrow. I am her MOH... kinda scary business! She's a wonderful, wonderful person and she found her compliment in this world; her husband is a blessing to her and she is to he. I wrote this thinking about their marriage - and many other people in my world right now.

I see so much beauty and possibility all around me; with people, art, ideas, solutions, and unity. However, I am forever tempered by the darker side of my reality: I've seen much fruit wither on the vine; untasted, tested, harvested, and tried. Possibility is like ripe fruit waiting to be picked; the effort of the climb is the greatest deterrent.

I'm encouraged by Arianna's bliss: happiness is, after all, contagious.


CHERISH
thinking of you and only of you. I find myself once again confused.
why do i miss someone I see almost everyday?
I am not without your attention, affection and love;
yet, I am filled with longing... not only desire,
that's there too, but a longing to be
closer
to set myself free within the glow of us.
let me release:
relax, breathe and be still
this unsettled feeling distracts me
I have other things to do,
thoughts to think,
dreams to turn into reality
ah, but a long-forgotten dream so nearly fulfilled:
happiness with another so like me
yet,
so different.
you are not tormented this way.
my love does not sit on a shelf and wait
it is alive;
needing food, water, & shelter from
all storms
I found home in your arms,
nourishment in your lips, hands, eyes, and smile
your honey voice is a cool balm on a tired, old soul
the younger spirit within me leaps and twirls
with joy
long
forgotten
my heart given freely, but certainly without ease;
you see,
my soul is older than it appears
worn and weathered by lives past
I've known love like this before;
a rare seed to be planted and tended with the greatest care;
fragile? no,
it can withstand trials unimagined
but, precious, wonderful, and often mistreated
cherish.
us
we
me
you
cherish me as I do you

2 comments:

shallomj said...

This is beautiful Kelly...your words make me smile, like we do ;)

shallomj said...

Still waiting for the next episode of Poetry on a Bar-nap - the video-illustrated version - lol