Sunday, December 2, 2007

Hope... poetry on a bar-nap style


Sooo... we were at Kramer's after seeing a show... BTW, the CULTURESHOCK DC 5 year anniversary show was fab & fun!

I'm working on a HUGE project called Objects of Hope. One version of it, The America Project, is in performance Tues-Sunday at St. Marys College next week. I am in the planning stages of Objects of Hope: Washington, DC.

Personally, I've had a very long few weeks; much momma-drama & work. I think the poetry reflects that... can't pretend to be hopeful when I'm feeling something else.

TOPIC: HOPE

Hope is a four-letter word.
So, for that matter,
is
Time.
As well as,
Love.
As long as we're counting,
Shit (4 letters)
I'm not THIS angry - a five-letter word,
or pessimistic.
I'm just deflated.
Where are my objects of hope?
They lie in another 4-letter word:
Rest.

Shallom's effort is far sweeter....

A safe drive home
A good night's rest
The soft touch of skin on skin
Watching you smile in your sleep
Wondering if you're dreaming of me
A morning filled with movement
And sunlight
A long goodbye, a swift return
A life lived to the last drop -
Love reaching across the miles
Love, coming home again.

No comments: