Thursday, December 13, 2007

Poetry on a bar-nap: Tryst, Dec 10

Shallom & I went for some much-needed adult relaxation. Of course, poetry on a bar-nap became the main event.... our friend Don (), a fabulous photographer joined in the effort. No pics yet, I'll upload those another time!


TOPIC: The Truth Fairy


The Truth Fairy loosens my tongue
My lips
My hips
And I admit things better left
Unsaid -
Suggest things that nice girls
Just don't do
Even before the words escape
My eyes betray me
- Shallom

The Truth Fairy
What a crock of shit
Seriously
Truth is in the eyes of the beholder
Or, the oppressor
Tyrant
Winner of the war
There's His side
Her side
And, the truth
But who gets to hear it?
Can you feel her wings
Beating in your ears?
- k.k.

I love children.
That's a lie.
I love children in the way
that I love most other people:
Taken as individuals.
The truth is,
I like the more adult aspects of children.
The ones that carry on adult conversation.
- Don

TOPIC: Wishes


If ifs and buts were
Wishes and nuts,
Then we'd all have
A Merry Christmas.
- Don

Wishes, like tear drops in a bucket...
Useless to quench this thirst.
Dreaming by the light of realism,
I despair.
Find me in darkness,
And rejoice;
I am your dream!
- k.k.

Do you wish you knew
What I was wishing for?
Maybe I'm wishing for you
And wishing you knew
Without having to tell you.
- Shallom

TOPIC: Sad Songs

"When every little bit of hope is gone,
A sad song says so much."
so says photographer Don
As song after sad song comes on
And I drink my wine
Having a mellow time
Writing poetry that rhymes
And then doesn't
But, that's okay
Because I've had a long day
- Shallom

Sad Songs...
Aren't they usually about
Trucks, dogs, beer & cryin'?
Oh, that's country.
This sad song is about
Loss on a global scale.
Can you really search my house?
Time to move -
Europe, perhaps.
The ultimate sad song
Is yet to be written,
But already foretold.
- k.k.

Sad Songs,
I only like sad songs
When I'm happy.
When I'm sad,
A sad song will kill me.
- Don

TOPIC: What's Next?


What's next?
What's new?
Have we fully realized the moment?
Have you?
Shall we?
Lets!
chaos. Discord. Rules.
Organization.
Theory.
Experience. Chance.
Circumstance.
Perspective.
ART.
FIND THE MOVEMENT!
Tomorrow.
- k.k.

What's next?
The next laugh, the next slow breath
Next sunrise, next glass of wine
Next thought leads to the one after
And the day after
And the next week, month, year
The next decision
Next change to your world, my world
Shifting plates
Earth & rock & sea
Skin & muscle & bone
Converge, diverge, & transform
Awake to the next dream on the horizon
- Shallom

TOPIC: Apples & Vodka

Red, Green, & One A Day
No doctor needed,
Just Rocks.
- Random Stranger

You like them apples?
Too much vodka and I get a little
Too honest...
- Shallom

Shots, Anyone?
Yes, please!
But, only if you smell like
Apples & Vodka
- k.k.

Apples & Pears
She looks in the mirror.
She wonders, she frets.
Doesn't she know?
All it takes is vodka?
- Don

1 comment:

shallomj said...

What a prolific night! :) xo