Tuesday, December 4, 2007

performance week impressions...

So.... I just wrote to a friend who posted a poem on his myspace:

Love is a delicate path. Love is not fragile, but it requires careful attention.
I believe this to be true - that love is not delicate; it can endure, but it's easy to misplace, forget to polish, etc. It needs a lot of food & water.

hmmmm. My boo is out of town and it sucks. Needing a little food and water myself.

The piece we're performing takes a lot of mental energy; I'm finding myself a bit exhausted this evening with more work to do than can be done. Tomorrow is the longest day of this week. I hope I create some success for myself in the day ahead. I am earnestly avoiding self-sabotage.

On another note, my students are working their tail ends off and they are improving daily by leaps & bounds. It is exciting to watch and be a part of their progress. I hope by the end of this run they have an understanding of how much they accomplished in one short semester. It's one thing for me to tell them; it's another for them to feel it and know it internally.

sleep.

now.

No comments: